If you are reading this post it is very likely that these creatures are possibly your worst nightmare.
It may sound obvious but the best way to get rid of spiders and daddy long legs, is to stop them coming into your home in the first place.
These little or, sometimes HUGE, beasties (as often described by the females in my family) will start heading in to your home at the beginning of Autumn. The good news is spiders don’t actually like houses. They are too light and dry and there isn’t actually much food for them. If you can deter them from entering, you could have a trouble free winter.
How can I get rid of Spiders and Daddy Long Legs and stop them coming into my home?
There are a number of very effective Spider Deterrent Sprays on the market. The sprays contain a non toxic liquid leaving an invisible barrier which spiders and daddy longs really don’t like. You can spray around doorways and windows without staining paintwork or marking glass. The spray liquid is invisible so you wont know it is there. The barriers can be effective for up to three months.
If you prefer your captive to be contained, there are handy battery spider vacs. These are ideal for small to medium sized spiders which are sucked up into the tube and can then be released outside. You could use your vacuum cleaner but don’t forget before long your prisoner will soon find his way out and it won’t be long before you have another visit.
- Spiders don’t Like water. They do not come up through the plughole in the bath or shower. It is most likely they accidentally fell in and couldn’t get out.
- Most spiders that come into your house are only looking for a mate.
- Spiders are more scared of you than….well you know the rest. If you come near them, they are likely to spin round and run like hell in the opposite direction.
- The chances of them crawling over you while you are asleep is incredibly remote.
- Jumping spiders are the most harmless.